Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa on Friday said that there cannot be any let up in the Army’s preparedness and response against the perpetual threat on the eastern border.
He said this during his visit to the Headquarters Rawalpindi Corps.
Bajwa also expressed satisfaction at the operational preparedness of the troops deployed along the Line of Control and was given a detailed briefing on the prevalent condition along the area.
The army chief expressed satisfaction at the response given to ceasefire violations by Indian troops.
The army chief was received by Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza, Corps Commander 10 Corps on his arrival at Corps HQ.
Earlier this month, the army chief and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi visited the LoC and condemned the unprofessional approach of targeting civilians residing in the area, by Indian forces and reiterated that Pakistan would continue to provide political, moral and diplomatic support to the Kashmiri people for their struggle.
Incidents of firing from across the border have increased after the right-wing government of Narendra Modi came to power and has caused significant material and human loss. Indian forces used medium and heavy weapons in recent times to target the civilian population of AJK.
The Director General (SA & SAARC), Dr Mohammad Faisal, summoned the Indian Deputy High Commissioner Mr. J.P. Singh and condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces in Chirikot and Nezapir sectors on Friday, resulting in the shahadat of 2 civilians and injuries to 5 others, including 2 women.