8 JuA members surrender in Mohmand Agency

Staff reporter

Islamabad

The military’s media wing on Tuesday claimed that eight members of the banned Jamaat-ul-Ahrar( JuA) had surrendered before the Army in Mohmand Agency the previous night.
In a statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations, the Army said members of the banned outfit had laid down their weapons in Mohmand Agency.
The suspected militants who surrendered include Akbar, Gull, Siraj and five of their accomplices, the ISPR said.
The military’s media wing, however, did not share further information about the suspected militants, such as whether they were involved in recent terrorist attacks in the country.
Jamaat-ul-Ahrar has claimed several terrorist attacks in the recent past, including a suicide bombing outside the Punjab Assembly in Lahore in which at least 13 people were killed and 85 injured.
The militant group claimed responsibility for Friday’s bomb blast outside an imambargah at a market in Parachinar which killed at least 22 people and wounded 50 others .
Earlier on March 7, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar also claimed responsibility for an attack from across the Afghan border on three security posts at Gora Pari in the Mohmand tribal region. The attack claimed the lives of five soldiers, the ISPR reported.
A few days later on March 16, the terrorist group claimed another cross-border attack in the Landi Kotal area of Khyber Agency, which resulted in six suspected militants being killed. The gun battle lasted several hours in which two FC personnel lost their lives and four others suffered injuries.

Share this post

PinIt
    scroll to top