Four coal miners died from suffocation due to the presence of poisonous gas inside a coal mine in Quetta’s Sanjdi area on Friday morning.
Rescue officials said that two other miners fell unconscious when the Sanjdi coal mine in suburbs of Quetta was filled with poisonous gas.
Rescue workers retrieved the bodies of the coal miners and shifted the unconscious men to nearby hospital for medical treatment. The victims belonged to Swat’s Shangla district. The miners were working thousands of feet deep inside the mine when suddenly the poisonous gas filled the mine, rescue workers said.—INP