PIA UK flight forced to land amid fighter escortTwo British nationals of Pakistan origin arrested
London—British police Friday arrested two air travelers on suspicion of endangerment of the aircraft after forcing a Pakistan International Airways flight with 297 passengers on board to land at Stansted airport following a mid-air alert. According to sources both the British nationality holder Pakistani nationals were arrested after they reportedly had a spat with the crew.
US offers help to tackle energy crisisNawaz, Olson discuss ways to improve relations,India ready to warmly receive Pakistani leader
Washington—US State Department has offered help to tackle energy crisis in Pakistan. Briefing the media, US State Department s acting deputy spokesperson Patrick Ventrell said that a new government is coming into place in Pakistan and we look forward to working with them collaboratively as they get their government set up and have this peaceful, democratic transition of power, which we think is really a historic marker in terms of transitioning from one democratically elected government to another.
Worst power outages as shortfall crosses 7,500MWRs3.27b needed daily to overcome power shortfall
No ban on CNG to vehicles above 1000ccIslamabad—The Federal Law Ministry on Friday declared the recent decision of the caretaker PM Minister Hazar Khan Khoso to ban vehicles of over 1000cc capacity from utilizing CNG as illegal. Caretakers cannot make key changes, the decision was against the Constitution and that every citizen has right over hydrocarbon resources, the law ministry observed during a critical meeting help here on Friday.
MQM’s struggle only for peace: Altaf
SC asks Khoso to submit response on transfers, postingsIslamabad—The Supreme Court on Friday gave caretaker prime minister Mir Hazar Khan Khoso until June 6 to submit his response in a contempt notice issued against him and other senior officers for violating one of its judgments. Earlier, a three–judge bench headed by Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja had observed that “prima facie the premature transfer [and] posting of at least 20 senior government officers violated the apex court’s judgment in the Anita Turab case.
PML-N, alliance conspiring against PPPP’s mandate: Qaim
- UN plans 6-day mission to Afghanistan, Pakistan
- Pakistan second ‘most unpopular country’: Poll
- TTP terror network busted in Chamkani
- 3 die in blast 6 killed, DPO Kohat injured in terror attack
- New Govt No major shift in foreign policy expected: Jalil
- Cars, schools torched at fifth night of Stockholm riots
- US, China deepen military ties
- Pakistan: US drone strikes violate sovereignty
- Pakistan should consider IMF deal after reforms: Sartaj
- Adnan Khwaja , Riaz cases CJP expresses displeasure over non filing of reference
- Taliban launch attack in downtown Kabul
- Caretakers most inefficient leaders: Shahbaz
- Suleiman cautions Hezbollah over Syria role
- Syrian govt agrees for peace talks