SHC orders removing encroachments from over 400 plots

0
83

Staff Reporter

Karachi—The Sindh High Court ordered Tuesday to immediately remove illegal occupation and garbage dumps from over 400 plots in Gulistan-e- Jauhar, Block 6, and report back to the court on October 25. Giving this order the chief justice, Sajjad Ali Shah remarked that he was fed up with lame excuses from KMC and other civic agencies, who instead of doing their jobs, tried to hide behind flimsy arguments. How long can we tolerate all this?, he asked. During hearing of a contempt case on the subject, he was told by petitioner that an earlier court order had been violated, and plots marks on plots under illegal occupation, and used as garbage dumps, has been erased. This had been going on since long. The KMC official said that removal o garbage dumps was done by the district committees. The chief justice remarked that these are flimsy excuses, His order had to be carried out.