Murad orders fresh enquiry into Karsaz tragedy


Staff Reporter

Karachi—Sindh Chief Minister, Murad Ali Shah has denied reports of PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto inviting Governor Dr Ishratul Ebad to join party.
Talking to newsmen during his visit to Karsaz Martyrs Memorial here, he said PPP chief wanted to discuss some political issues with Governor Ebad but no invitation was extended to him to join the Pakistan People’s Party.
Replying a question about accusations by Pak Sarzameen Party leader Mustafa Kamal, the chief minister said Sindh Governor had been accused of many things many times in the past as well. ‘Irrespective of whether people own him or disown him, the governor is representative of the federation”
To another question, the CM said all evidences of the attack on former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s caravan at Karsaz on October 18, 2007 were removed in less than 24 hours.
He, however, ordered fresh enquiry into the incident by a special team of experts headed by Sindh Counter-terrorism Department Chief Sanaullah Abbasi .
Murad also said PTI Chief Imran Khan had opted to play ‘final’ and ‘semi-final’ of his political match without even going through the normal ‘schedule of matches’. That shows he still has a childish approach despite being 65-year-old.
He said luckily Pakistani cricket team won the first test against West Indies in Dubai on Monday. Had Imran been there, Pakistan may well have lost the game.