Kashmiris bullet injuries by Indian forces continues, on no-limit-basis

Kashmiri protesters face Indian policemen in Srinagar, Indian controlled Kashmir, Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016. Fresh anti-India protests and clashes erupted in several neighborhoods even after authorities on Monday lifted a curfew imposed in most parts of Indian-controlled Kashmir as part of a 52-day security lockdown. (AP Photo/Dar Yasin)

95th Day curfewed Kashmir

Srinagar—In occupied Kashmir, scores of people were injured when Indian troops used brute force on Muharram mourners and anti-India demonstrations in Srinagar, Pulwama and other areas of the territory.
The puppet authorities continued to impose curfew and other restrictions in Srinagar and other areas, today, due to which muharram procession could not be taken out in many areas of the occupied territory.
Despite curfew, people took out a Muharram procession from Shamaswari Khanqah in Srinagar. Indian forces resorted to teargas shelling to prevent mourners from moving ahead. However, the procession managed to reach its destination at Haba Kadal despite heavy teargas shelling. Hurriyet leader, Masroor Abbas Ansari addressed the mourners who chanted slogans like ‘We want freedom’ and ‘Shia-Sinni bhai bhai’. Indian troops and police personnel subjected the Muharram mourners to brute force in Badgam also. Senior Hurriyet leaders, Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi and Maulana Abbas Ansari could not lead the Muharram processions as they have been put under house arrest for the last three months.
Thousands of people attended a gathering at Saidpora in Srinagar to pay rich tributes to 12-year-old Junaid Ahmad on his cheharam, the fourth day of mourning, today. They raised high-pitched anti-India and pro-freedom slogans. Addressing the gathering, the All Parties Hurriyet Conference leader, Mohammad Yousuf Naqash, and other speakers reaffirmed the Kashmiris’ resolve to continue the mission of Junaid Ahmed and other their martyrs till it reached its logical end.
Many people were injured in the brutal actions of Indian troops and police personnel on protesters in Tumlehaal and Tahab areas of Pulwama district. The protests had erupted after forces’ personnel cordoned off Tumlehaal and launched a search operation.
Normal life remained affected in the Kashmir Valley on the 95th consecutive day, today, due to the shutdown against the civilian killings by Indian police and troops. Fear gripped the Muslim population of Kishtwar town in Jammu region as the workers of extremist Hindu organization, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, took out a rally in the town.
Twelve people including four Indian troops were injured in a grenade blast at Bonbazar in Shopian town, today. The occupation authorities said that the gunfight between unknown attackers and Indian troops continued for the second day, today, in Pampore town of Pulwama district. They claimed that three troops were injured as the attackers fired from inside the 7-storey building of the Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Institute in the fighting that began yesterday. Rockets, heavy automatic guns and helicopters are being used by Indian army in the fight.
Noted Indian human rights defender, Gautam Navlakha, in an interview in New Delhi said that the unresolved Kashmir dispute posed a serious threat to the global peace and further delay in its settlement would prove disastrous for the entire world. He said that India used Uri attack to defame Pakistan and to deflect the attention of the world community from the Kashmir uprising.—KMS