Pakistan Observer

Recalls have not hurted auto sales: Ford

Friday, December 28, 2012 - Detroit—Ford Motor Co is not experiencing a hit to its auto sales as a result of a recent spate of safety recalls, Chief Operating Officer Mark Fields said.

“I think overall our sales are doing well,” Fields told reporters, adding that consumers have a good perception of the quality of Ford products.

“But we also understand that’s a very precious thing and we’re working very hard every day to deliver that quality commitment to our costumers,” said Fields.

Last week, Ford issued the fourth recall on its 2013 Escape crossover since July. The most recent recall was for increased risk of an engine fire due to a software glitch in the cooling system of the Escape as well as the midsize Fusion sedan.—Newswire

comments powered by Disqus