Pakistan Observer

Twin blasts at DIG FC residence in Quetta kill 25

Pak Taliban claim responsibility

President, PM vow to root out terrorism from country

Ghulam Tahir

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - Quetta—Twenty five persons were killed and forty received injuries in two attacks by suicide bombers at the residence of the Deputy Inspector General Frontier Corps, Brigadier Farukh Shahzad.

The martyred included Colonel Khalid, wife of Brigadier Shahzad DiG Frontier Corps and five persons belonging to Frontier Corps. The first suicide bomber hit the vehicle of frontier corps waiting out side the residence of DIG and the second bomber opened fire with the automatic weapon and forced his entry in the residence of the DIG and blasted himself causing colossal loss to the lives and building. The security guard was also killed. Large number of vehicles were damaged.

The residence of the DIG is located in the heart of the city. Brigadier Farukh Shahzad who is admitted in the CMH is out of danger.

The Inspector General Frontier Corps Major General Obaidullah immediately rushed to the scene of the of incident and personally supervised the relief measures for immediate medical aid to the injured persons were rushed to the CMH and Civil Hospital Quetta.

The incident are stated to be the strong reaction to the arrest of Younis Almortani and his two accomplices who were apprehended during surprise raid by the Frontier Corps and the ISI last week. The authorities at the helm of affairs are stated to have not issued necessary warning to redouble the security measures apprehending such strong reaction to the arrest of Al-Qaida leaders according to observers.

Governor Balochistan Nawab Zulfiqar Ali Magsi and Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani have strongly condemned the suicide attacks in which precious lives were lost. They urged the concerned authorities to apprehend the culprits behind the incident and spare no efforts to apprehend them without fail. The pal of gloom hung over the city and each and every house is grieved on the horrible incident.

The investigations are in progress. The residents of Quetta have expressed their deep grief over the sad incident.

President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani have strongly condemned the suicide attacks.

They said that terrorism through such cowardly acts cannot weaken the government’s resolve to wipe out terrorism and extremism.





Pak Taliban claim responsibility



Tanvir Siddiqi



Islamabad—The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for twin suicide bombs in Quetta Wednesday that killed at least 24 people, saying the attacks were carried out to avenge the arrests of Al Qaeda operatives.

“We carried out the attacks,” Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told a foreign
comments powered by Disqus

HURMAT GROUP OF PUBLICATIONS

President & Editor-in-Chief

Zahid Malik
(Ph: 051-2256006)

Resident Editors

Lahore : Khalid Butt
Peshawar : Tariq Saeed
Muzaffarabad: Abdul hameed Shaheen

Editor

Faisal Zahid Malik
(Ph : 021-35308446, 35308448)

Editor Special Reports

Syed Turab Shah
Ph: 0009221 32211777, 32631102
Email: turabshah42@gmail.com

Executive Editor

Gauhar Zahid Malik
(Ph : 051-2852028)

Director Marketing

Naveed Ahmad Khan
Ph: 051-2252480
Email: naveedahmadkhan@aol.com

Editor Social Diary

Sadia Zahid Malik
(Ph:051-285208 Ext 116)
magazinesocialdiary@hotmail.com